What does it mean to be saved?
1. God loves you and created you to know him personally. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
2. Man is sinful and separated from God, therefore, he needs to be redeemed in order to have a personal relationship with God. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
3. Jesus is the only provision for man’s sin. It is through Him alone that we can experience the love of God and His saving grace. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
4. We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Then we can know God personally. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. (John 1:12)
5. We receive Christ by personal invitation.
For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)
...if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart
that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the
heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is
made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9,10)
How you can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer:
Prayer is simply talking to God. Just be authentic. God is waiting to hear from you. This is a suggested prayer.
I want to know you personally. I believe you died for my sins, were raised from the dead and you are alive today seated at the right hand of God, the Father.
I open the door of my life and invite you in to be my Lord and Savior.
Thank you for forgiving me of my sins and for giving me eternal life.
I surrender my life to you. Take control and make me the person you want me to be.
Did you pray to receive Christ right now?
If so, Congratulations! Luke 15:7 says that when one sinner accepts Jesus Christ as his or her Savior the angels rejoice! There is a celebration going on in heaven! Remember this date, it is your second birthday, the day you were “BORN AGAIN” into the family of God!
Taking your next steps:
The moment you received Christ-as an act of faith and free will- many things happened, including:
1. Christ came into your life (Colossians 1:27)
2. Your sins were forgiven (Colossians 1:14)
3. You became a child of God (John 1:12)
4. You received eternal life (John 5:24)
5. You began the great adventure for which God has called you (John 10:10, 2 Corinthians 5:17, 1 Thessalonians 5:18)
Now you must begin to grow in your relationship with God!
Find a good church and get involved! Start this week and make plans to attend regularly. It is important that you begin to pray, study the Bible, obey His Word and trust God with every detail of your life.